Monday, September 30, 2019

5 days to General Conference

You are probably wondering why I would be pointing this fact out to you – well, let me tell you – I point this out because we all need to have something to look forward to in life and I LOVE General Conference talks! Every day, I listen to at least one talk, so tune in next Saturday and Sunday. 

I didn’t write a single post the last two weeks because I was out of town and I never write when I am away from home. I like to feel present spending time with family and not too concern about writing here so much. 

There were many highlights but one I will always remember was witnessing Isaac's blessing and helping Bianca and Joseph with moving to a new house. Before that, I attended the SALT retreat in Salt Lake and went to Idaho for five busy days. I love it when I feel useful and needed plus it's so fun to spend time with family.

 I recommend that before this year is over, get out your calendars and mark the dates of all the fun things you are looking forward to, such as General Conference, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's. Then add simple things like going for a drive to see the leaves change colors, or going to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins for carving or seeing the upcoming movie or play or concert or host a Halloween party, or take a weekend road trip or visit an old friend. 

You will also find that by planning these adventures on your calendar that you will be more likely to use your time wisely so you can be finished with your work on time in order to allow you to get to your exciting adventures. 

Calendaring these activities and events will be a great motivator to help you stay focused. I know it works amazing for me when I do itSchedule several things in the coming weeks and months that will give you something to look forward to and then be excited every day as you count down to your exciting adventures. The anticipation is often more exciting than the actual event. 

“Well,” said Pooh, “what I like best,” and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called.”

I am excited to sit down and start mapping out some future plans on upcoming dates to get excited about!  I feel like Winnie the Pooh right before he eats his honey as we are getting ready for another trip.

Have a great day family and enjoy setting up some future exciting plans to look forward to. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: