Monday, September 2, 2019

You too? I thought I was the only one.

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You, too? I Thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis

Today I was reminded of how rewarding it is to make new friends. I was able to sit down with two families from the Area Presidency. I had met them when we first arrived but had not been able to be in a relaxed setting taking but today for the first time we were able to sit down over dinner and spent a little time getting to know more about one another as people.

We were able to learn more about each other’s lives and families and our similar trials and struggles we shared as members and working for the Church. It is amazing how spending a simple dinner talking can create an amazing bond of friendship. C.S. Lewis’s words really are true – friendship really does begin with the simple realization of “you too?” and finding out you’re not the only one. 

I had asked sister De Hoyos how I loved pozole and if she makes it so she prepared it for dinner. She also made some delicious burritos to die for and buñuelos for dessert. This dinner was to welcome us and because in the month of September Mexico celebrates their independence it was so fitting to have Mexican food but the best part was the delightful company. 

It’s so exciting to meet new people and make new friends. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: