Wednesday, September 4, 2019

What grade would you give yourself

September means that school is back in session and we are all back to our daily routines and our focus on getting good grades this new semester. I will like to do the same even when not in school. 

I miss not being in a school setting so I decided to take an Institute class on World Religions, as I thought about getting good grades, it made me stop and think about the opportunity this could be for all of us adults, even if we aren’t in school any longer, to come up with a report card structure of our own that we could personally work on getting good grades for during this semester as well. I saw something on line that I want to share and use it to make a report card for myself.  I decided I wanted my report card to have all the characteristics that I most want to exemplify in my life.  Here is a copy of the list qualities I decided I want to try get an A+ on this semester: 

Always acknowledging God
Benevolent
Charitable 
Compassionate
Diligent 
Engaged in good works
Fair
Faithful
Fearless
Gentle
Graceful
Grateful
Generous
Genuine
Happy 
Honest
Hopeful
Humble
Kind
Knowledgeable
Loving
Meek
Merciful
Not Easily Provoked
Optimistic
Obedient
Patient
Prayerful
Refined
Respectful
Righteous
Seek not my own 
Sincere
Thankful
Tender -hearted 
Trustworthy 
Trusting of God 
Virtuous 

The fun thing about doing this challenge is that everyone can come up with their own list of qualities they want to get an A+ on.  Then use that list to create your own personal report card for this semester. 

Keep it posted somewhere you will have to notice it every day.  The Kitchen, next to your computer or bathroom mirror. I think the bathroom mirror works great because you will notice it when you go to brush your teeth first thing in the morning.  The important thing is to pick a visual spot that you are sure to see it every day.

Then as each day passes ask yourself what kind of grade you think you have earned for each quality for this semester.  You need to act as both the teacher and the student here so you need to give yourself a grade based on the good old honor system. 

Good luck to everyone on beginning this new semester of life!  And here is to a semester of straight A’s and some sweet rewards ahead!

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: