Tuesday, February 25, 2020

12 Steps to Self Care

From time to time I collect lists of things people write on their social media that I find interesting and this popped up today which incidentally are themes found in the scriptures. 


This one is from the House of Leaders 

12 Steps to Self Care: 

1. Be kind to yourself.

2. Don't be a people pleaser.
3. Don't be afraid to say yes.
4. Don't be afraid to say no.
5. If it feels wrong, don't do it. 
6. Let go of what you can't control.
7. Never speak bad about yourself.
8. Never give up on your dreams.
9. Trust your instinct.
10. Love yourself.
11. Say exactly what you mean.
12. Stay away from drama and negativity. 

I specially like #5 and 12 to stay away from what feels wrong, or any drama and negativity. My sister reminded me today how in 2 Nephi 26:32 it talks about contention to avoid, it reads: "And again the Lord has commanded ... that they should not content one with another..." I will keep this scripture in mind when confronted with contention. It is better to not argue. I have learned that I need to avoid what bothers me because is not good for the soul. I also love reading the verses found on 2 Nephi 9:6-13 on the plan of happiness. Bottom line, knowing those truths brings peace to my soul each time. I feel grateful for the time I am spending reading the words found in the Book of Mormon. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: