Sunday, February 9, 2020

When you Stand Alone

We all know that President Trump was acquitted of charges associated with his impeachment but the big story was not so much the fact that Donald Trump will remain as the President of the United States but what the media captured was Senator Mitt Romney’s single voice from his Party going against all odds.  

I give Senator Romney the benefit of the doubt and believe that he spoke from his heart and his careful attention to his oath of office which was also an oath to God. He had nothing to gain by voting “guilty” on the contrary, he has so much to lose. 

What I learned from Senator Romney is that sometimes you need to be that one and solitary voice over all the confusion. I commend Senator Romney for his willingness to put himself on the line. I know of his kindness and his good heart but never knew how brave and bold he was. I am very pleased to have voted for him and will do it again. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: