Thursday, February 6, 2020

How to be a friend!

How to be a friend using 3 words 

The last box arrived today. It took eight months to get here from Manila to Utah to Buenos Aires. It was accidentally sent to the U.S. and that is why it took so long. Inside the box I found this handout I got who knows where or when but I kept it all these years because it’s a good reminder of how to be a friend. 

Here it is:
"There are many thing that you can do to strengthen your relationships. Often the most effective thing you can do involves saying just three words. When spoken sincerely, these statements often have the power to develop new friendships, deepen old ones and even bring healing to relationships that have soured. 

1. Let me help 
2. I understand you
3. I respect you
4. I miss you
5. Maybe you're right
6. Please forgive me
7. I thank you
8. Count on me
9. I'll be there
10 Go for it
11 Bonus: I love you

I loved reading it again today and hope you love it too. I can think of instances when my true friends have said and done those things and hope I can be a true friend too. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: