Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Daily Joy

I picked up a little book by President Nelson with the tittle of Daily Joy when I was visiting Utah. It contains a scripture and thought for each day of the year. This is what it said for today November 11, 2020. For “Learning and Profit. And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children. 2 Nephi 4:15 

Each individual who prayerfully studies the Book of Mormon can also receive a testimony of its divinity. In addition, this book can help with personal problems in a very real way. Do you want to get rid of a bad habit? Do you want to improve relationship in your family? Do you want to increase your spiritual capacity? Read the Book of Mormon! It will bring you closer to the Lord and His loving power. He who fed a multitude with five loaves and two fishes – He who helped the blind to see and the lame to walk—can also bless you! He has promised that those who live by the precepts of this book ‘shall receive a crown of eternal life.’” (Doctrine and Covenants 20:14) 

We are in the final 2 months of 2020 - Hallelujah!! What a year it has been! If you could sum up this last year in just one word what would it be? Perhaps there isn't just one word?!?!? How can one word describe global pandemic, out-of-stock toilet paper, protests and riots, heated elections, online learning, remote work, church and temple closures, social distancing, face masks, fires, and hurricanes (just to name a few) all in just one word? 

Perhaps there is one word you could use to describe the feeling that has come from studying the Book of Mormon this year? I know I can't do that in one word but I can do it in two - peace and joy.

How grateful I am for the Come, Follow Me program and the amazing blessing it has been for me and my family. What a testimony builder it has been to feel both peace and joy during such a time as this. The thought that keeps running through my mind is "...the righteous need not fear..." (1 Nephi 22:17). 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: