Saturday, November 14, 2020

Grateful for our leaders

Bianca wrote a beautiful song, grateful that comes to mind each Thanksgiving season. In Argentina thanksgiving is not celebrated and neither was in the Dominica Republic or The Philippines so this is one holiday that I miss soooooo much. I love the idea of giving thanks!

 

But before I start my day today I want to express my gratitude for my faith because it guides me in all my values and it provides a solid foundation for me to build my life upon. This year I have been studying the Book of Mormon in a way I had never studied it before. I think I have spent over 100 hours truly pondering in each verse. I have read it before many times but for reason this time was special.

 

I am so thankful that I believe in God enough to trust him to take my life where he wants it to go if I just put forth my very best effort, reading the scriptures each day and to do the right thing by obeying His commandments. 

 

I am grateful to live in this dispensation. To live at a time when we can hear the voice of a living prophet and His disciples. Today I got a chance to listen to Elder Cook, from the quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He told us of three things each family needs to do during difficult times. “You need to have Zion in your hearts and in your home. One is to make your home a piece of heaven. A refuge from the ills of this world. Two, we need to be the light on the hill and be an example. Those of us with faith in the Savior can be an example of faith and righteousness and goodness and caring and ministering and all those things that are most important as opposed to other values that are started to be advocated by people who don’t understand or worship the Savior. And the third one was that we should concentrate on the ordinances and the principles that we obtain in the temple. People can live anywhere at very difficult circumstances if we follow those three principles. I feel that at this time, with the pandemic, those three principles do apply as well. Having Zion in our hearts and homes. Reaching out to anyone that we can, and living the principles that are taught in the temple.” He was amazing! 

 

Most of all, I am grateful to know of the divine Godhead. Beginning with the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father who listens to my prayers. I know that I am the daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me and who believes in the very best of what I can become in my life. I am so grateful for the atoning sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ and I am grateful that I belong to His Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My faith and love for Jesus Christ is at the very core of who I am. I am grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost that helps me and guides my life. Bottom line, I am grateful that I believe in a God who sees the potential that I can become with my life, even when I can’t always see it myself. 

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: