Monday, November 9, 2020

November is a special month

A note of thanks! I love the month of November because it’s the month we take stock of the things we are thankful before the year ends. What can we say about this year that hasn’t been said countless of times? Let’s review it one more time:

 

2020 will be remembered in history as the year of the pandemic, financial hardships, cancelling important events, riots escalating to looting and public unrest, devastating storms, earthquakes, loss of jobs, loss of loved ones, and to top it all, an extremely contentious divisive election. 

 

Fortunately for us, November comes and just like that, we are automatically taken by all the good that has transpired in the lives of family members and myself. I am grateful that November has always been a gratitude month for me.

 

I am grateful for my health and that we are back in Buenos Aires doing our mandatory quarantine again. It has not been a problem for us since we are so used to staying inside our apartment for months anyway, so 14 days seems like nothing.

I am grateful for the chance we had to visit family last month. The visa problem for me was a blessing in disguise since our three- week trip got extended to six weeks which gave us time to do so much more that needed to get done!

 

I am grateful for the chance I got to meet our newest granddaughter in Connecticut. Bianca was celebrating Día de los muertos with her family. I saw photos of my grandmother and my dad, I reflected about the cycle of life and how some are dying while others are being born. 

 

There are no words to describe the pain of losing a loved one. COVID-19 took the life of my Uncle Franklin Henriquez. This illness is incredible, it isolates our loved ones as they fight for their lives and it’s so painful when you can’t say goodbye. That breaks my heart. He was an exemplary husband and father. All my cousins have a special connection with him. He was smart, caring and very sweet, he was fun to be around and even cool for his age. He had a brilliant mind, knew about the meaning found in the scriptures and very inspiring. He was an incredible teacher and mentor but most of all, he was a great friend and a great support to me and my sisters. He was available when we needed anything. I am grateful that I had the good fortune to know him up close and personal.

 

November is a good month to reflect on all the things that truly matter like the relationships we develop in this life. I have learned a lot this year with my own relationship with my Savior. 

Today I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the gospel plan of happiness. Christ is the answer to everything. I am grateful I had a chance to read and ponder into the passages found in the Book of Mormon this year. In the crazy world we live in, The Book of Mormon has brought me more light, knowledge, understanding, love, charity, goodness and peace. We live in so unpredictable, ever changing times.

 

Nevertheless, Christ is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. He is reliable, constant and unchanging. Through these hard and crazy times, this book has brought sanity to my mind and peace to my soul. Bottom line, I am grateful for everything I learned this year and the prayers to my Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ, who loves us and heals us and comforts us. 

 

I am grateful for the knowledge I have obtained of Jesus Christ, for His atoning sacrifice and the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon that helped me this past year come unto Him, understand and know him better. He is the Christ, the Beloved Son of the Living God, the Only Begotten, Holy, Jehovah, the Lord Almighty, the Elect, the Advocate with the Father, the Alpha and Omega, the Anointed One, the Rock, the Ruler, the Lamb of God, the Bread of Life, the Living Water, Counselor, King, Everlasting, Omnipotent, the Light, the Mater, the Chosen, Wonderful, Great I Am. Creator, Prince of Peace, Redeemer, Messiah, the Savior. 

 

For all those wonderful tittles of Him and who He is to me and the world, I am grateful.

 

Con amor,

Vero


 



 



No comments: