Friday, June 3, 2022

I am back!

Yes, I am back from my trip to Utah, Idaho back to Utah and Connecticut and so much happened. Somethings were great wonderful miracles and some others were pure misfortunes but nothing that couldn’t be resolved!

 

Let’s start on Tuesday May 2nd, I found out at the airport that I had COVID and didn’t even know it. Called the airline, paid over $1,000 dollars to change the flight to Thursday May 4th hoping to be negative by then, and I was. Flew to Miami, Dallas and finally arrive in Salt Lake on May 5th. Mandy came to pick me up and from the airport she took me to take another test to make sure I was negative. They drew a nose sample and blood too. The results read:   Non- reactive for COVID and Reactive to antibodies which indicated that I did not have COVID and because I carried antibodies and would be unlikely that I would get sick again which turned out to be a tender mercy. 

 

Mother’s Day May 8th went to church with Mandy, Vale took us to her ward. Later in the afternoon, Mandy, Spencer and baby Maya go to visit their mom for Mother’s Day. The next morning on May 9th, Dian took me to the airport so I could fly to Boise. When I arrived in Boise I learned that Dian had been exposed to a grandchild that tested positive for COVID and got it and so did Mandy, Spencer and even our 2- week old Maya. I was in Idaho during the first week of the illness which was hard. I spent May 9th to May 14th in Eagle taking care of the grandkids while Cristi and Brooks attended a Seminar and worried for those who got ill in Utah. Deep in my heart, I know I didn’t give them all the illness because I never saw Dian until Monday and Vale would have gotten it too and didn’t.  

 

When I arrived on Saturday May 14th I had not seen two people so sick in my life! Those two were coughing and miserable! Maya had a fever and that was concerning. What a worst time to get COVID and I guess there is never an opportune time but having a newborn makes it incredibly hard. For the next ten days, I helped Mandy and Spencer all I could to ease their pain. They were both very sick and had not slept for three weeks when I arrived so those ten days was mostly to give them a break during the early hours of the morning. I would take over around 4:00 a.m. Maya’s fever continued past ten days so they took her to see a doctor 

 

While I was there, I got to run a few errands. I picked up the packaged from headquarters that Suzanne Mote sent Mandy, went to get my mail from our tenant who is renting 1309. He seems to be a very nice fellow. I also delivered the chocolates I brought Elder Wickman, and Kimberly and sent another box of chocolates to Chris Corroon on the mail. He thanked me so I know he got them. Did a few errands for Mandy too, got her car washed picked up a few things at the store, cooked dinners and helped her writing thank you notes and got the yard looking good. 

 

On May 21st, I visited Hernan and Rachael for a few minutes outside their home while delivering their gifts and went to Chachis for a visit. I went to see the home in Bountiful and saw the Marcheschis finally staring their new home but it will be another year till is finished. I couldn’t stop at Jami’s because they asked me not to come because I had been in close contact to Mandy and Spencer and that is understandable but for some odd reason it made me cry, I didn’t have COVID and couldn’t possible give it to anyone if I didn’t carry it.  I felt like an outcast! 

 

On Sunday May 22nd Cristi gave the most amazing talk and got it recorded in case someone in the family wanted to listen to it. I felt like the proudest mom! It was another Sunday at home caring for Mandy and Spencer. 

 

On May 24th, I got a chance to see my doctor and it turns out that I am doing better than I anticipated. He said that because I had just had COVID that I should wait six months to get my 4thbooster. All is well with me. My pressure is good. No sugar in my blood and my thyroid medication is doing the trick. The only concern is my cholesterol but not extreme. No medication needed for that! 

 

On May 25th, I flew to New York. Joseph came to pick me up. They were dealing with a home that didn’t appraised for what they were going to pay and had to back out from the deal. I helped with tending the kids. I never felt busier in my whole life. Those two littles are a hand full. Isaac is jealous of Lyric and Lyric likes to tease him which is not a good combination. They are contently crying or screaming and I don’t know how Bianca does it. The girls are still only six and they got their issues too. I was there for a whole week. While I was in New York, I found out that Daniel is ending his assignment in Buenos Aires and that we are going to live in Salt Lake once again. And now we are getting ready for another adventure since all our homes are being rented. We have given our renters 60 days to leave our home and they are in shock because they envision being there until their home got finished. We are all trying to figure out what to do. They want us to move to an apartment in Salt Lake so they don’t have to move twice. 

 

On June 2nd, I left to go back to Argentina. As Joseph open the door at the airport he hit another car coming.  The door got damaged and the other car was a nice new Lincoln. That broke my heart. I went out after I checked in and they were still waiting for the police to make a report. The fellow of the other car was not too upset which was a good thing. I spoke with him and he seemed like a nice guy. I went back to use the Admiral only to discover that the flight got delayed leaving the next morning. I called Daniel to cancel our flights to Montevideo. We were supposed to fly to see Daniel’s mom. She is turning 92. The airline did give me a hotel and transportation and 10,000 miles. It was an issue with their crew. The bus shuttle took two hours to leave the airport because of issues with the people on board who did not have vouchers and refuse to get out of the bus to get them. Finally, I arrived only for a guy to tell me that I could not bring almonds but that was the least of my worries. 

 

June 3rd, I felt once again at peace when I saw Daniel’s face. It feels good to be home, because home is always where Daniel is. Tomorrow we are headed to Uruguay to spend time with the family. 


Con amor,

Vero


No comments: