Thursday, June 30, 2022

Time flies when you are having fun!

The last week has been crazy for me and Daniel!  Let me backup and explain.  My family’s favorite place on the planet is El Salvador.  Despite all the bad press, El Salvador is our heaven on earth.  I am from there, so naturally we started going there to visit family when my girls were little. That is where they learn to speak Spanish. We would stay with my mom in a home with a pool so they had the time of their lives. We also went to the beach a lot. 

 

Year after year we went back down to El Salvador, I could offer my family a trip anywhere in the world and they would still choose El Salvador first. It held a special place in their hearts but for the past seven years, we had not gone back as a family. This time we went to attend my niece’s wedding and what an amazing wedding that was!  But once was not enough, by some coincidence, the daughter of one of my good friends was getting married also the next day so he invited us to come. We first went to the church followed by the reception. We took photos of the group of friends and chatted. They even invited us to move to their table.  During the conversation, they mentioned what an amazing dancer I was from the time we were teenagers and how I would invite them to my house to learn the steps. I felt the pressure to dance and motioned to Daniel to come dance with me and he did! Two big weddings in one weekend is a record for us. 

  

My sister and family were all exhausted beyond belief from working round the clock getting ready for the wedding and some even got super sick from the lack of sleep and loss of energy but the experience bonded everyone who came to the wedding, especially my family. I had tears of joy witnessing the marriage of our niece Paola to Jacob McLean. Paola is my only niece and I love her immensely like my own daughter. She picked a one of a kind husband for her. They both served in Brazil as missionaries and both learned to speak Portuguese. My sister and brother-in-law threw a wedding party Brazilian style like no other. The ambience and the violins at our dinner were exquisite followed by dancing and a carnival. The details were on point and the setting was breathtaking. 


Before coming to El Salvador, we had accomplished the un-accomplishable getting ready to move and we had done it by working hard, sheer determination, and tons of prayers we were able to make a parenthesis from all the business to fly to El Salvador and was exactly what we needed. Daniel is working over time handeling two areas. We left Buenos Aires the evening of June 22, and came home this morning. What I like about El Salvador which I had taken from granted is that they use the dollar as a currency. No one needs to worry about having to exchange dollars into “pesos.” Sweet!

 

The lesson we took away from our experience was that you can accomplish just about anything if you are willing to do what it takes to work for it and if you stay determined in your resolve, you will succeed! The wedding was a success! Never give up if something truly matters to you. Paola and Jacob and their parents did just that! Welcome to our family McLeans! 

 

Con amor,

Vero

 

 


No comments: