Thursday, June 9, 2022

It's a girl!

I was only 22 when I became a mom for the first time. I gave birth to a beautiful 5.5 Lbs. tiny baby with a lot of hair. The nurses at the LDS hospital would always comment, “look at all that hair” I was so tired that day. I had been in labor for 15 hours and felt every pain. No epidural for me. That was my choice. Silly me! 

 

In those days, no one knew the sex of the baby. It was always a 50/50 chance to have either a boy or a girl so all the things I bought were any color except for pink or blue. I think most things we had were yellow. We were starving students who lived in an old home that was divided into three apartments. It was not the nicest part of town either but when your income is below minimum wage, what choice is there? 

 

When I think of those days, I can still picture the smell of the baby lotion I rubbed into her skin after Cristi had a bath and how she loved baths. She also love being held. Cristi loved the comfort of her mother’s arms and I was totally in heaven. I loved placing her chest against mine. How I miss those days. 

 

All too soon she was out of her crib and walking to my room and into my bed. It was nice to snuggle together. I did not mind it at all. I even asked my pediatrician, is that normal. He said sure, enjoy it while it lasts. One day she will be asking you to stay away from her room and would not want to be caught dead sleeping in your bed, but I am happy to report that Cristi was never too cool to spend time with me.

 

Forty years later, my baby is still as beautiful as ever and I can honestly say, Cristi is the best mommy to her children and I love her for that! I can’t express how I feel knowing that we are an eternal family and that we can be together forever.

 

Con amor,

Mom


No comments: