Thursday, June 16, 2022

Missing Daniel


Tomorrow will be Father's Day in El Salvador and this coming Sunday in the U.S. and many parts of the world people will be celebrating Father’s Day. It is the day we pay tribute to our fathers, grandfathers, our husbands and the men who have impacted our lives for the better. I thought a great way to pay tribute to Fathers is to share some of the things I learned from my husband Daniel who is out of town and miss him sooooo much! 

 

*Integrity matters most. Always live your life with honesty staying true to your values and beliefs. I can attest that
I have never seen Daniel tell a lie of any kind. Not even a white lie. Talk about a powerful example to set for your child.

 

*Always do the right thing, even when it’s hard. Daniel never flinched at doing the right thing, even when it means the result will be difficult. He has always been willing to do what’s right no matter what the situation or circumstances are.

 

*Work hard and do the work well. If you are going to do something then give it 100%. Daniel never does anything without putting his entire effort into it.

 

*Your word is your bond. If you say you will do something then follow through. Be someone people can’t count on to do what they commit to. If Daniel says he will do something you can rest assured he will. I have never known him to drop the ball on anything.

 

*Be on time. Daniel always set the example of being on time. He considers it a matter of integrity to be on time. This is one I have struggled with my entire life as I always seem to be running ten minutes late, but it is because of his example I try to improve on this one.

 

*Be productive. Daniel starts every day with a task list of items to get done and he stays completely focused until he finishes the task on hand. He makes the most of his time every day. You will never find Daniel wasting time when there is work to be done.

 

*Be Goal-oriented. Daniel has always set goals and then worked hard to achieve them. He taught his children to set goals at a very young age. 

 

*Believe in yourself. When things get hard his children know they can call their Father for advice. There is something incredibly powerful about a Father who tells his child he believes in them and they can do it. The impact of this one thing alone is probably one of the most impactful things to any child’s self-confidence. 

 

When I really stop and think about all the life lessons Daniel has taught his children and me, I really feel the impact a parent can have in a child’s life. The impact of a parent’s words are one thing but the impact of their example is life changing.  I hope that I can always strive to have the same impact in the lives of my own children.  Thank you to Father and Mothers who make the effort to teach us all. What a tremendous blessing you are!

 

Con amor,

Vero

 

No comments: