Saturday, October 18, 2014

A big day for the Merkleys

Today I called Bianca to find out how everything is going over there in her neck of the woods. Idaho. It looks like she closed on a house and is moving in this weekend. She has also adopted a puppy. This was Mandy's idea for sure. I am so happy to see my little girl get a break. I am grateful for all our blessings as a family and didn't want to take this one tender mercy for granted. At the temple today in my prayer I thanked my Heavenly Father for these blessings. I am now feeling a little home sick but hope that perhaps I can manage to take a trip there sometime soon. There is a quote I saw the other day as a good reminder to stay calm and not obsess.  It reads: " Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, wonder, not imagine, not obsess, just BREATH and have FAITH that everything will work out for the BEST !!!
That advice doesn’t just apply to Bianca or my life. We don't know where we are going to be a year form now. Daniel is coming on his fifth year in the DR and has done everything that could be done to fix this area and now what's next? What would be our fate? Where would we go? Is it going to be back to Utah or another country? I imagine we all have things in our lives that we are obsessed about so this applies to all of you reading this blog.  All of us have those moments when we get so wrapped up in worrying and stressing and even downright obsessing and we all sometimes need the reminder that we need to take a deep breath and realize that once we have done the best we can do we need to turn it over to the Lord and have faith that everything will work out for the best.  No matter how many times I have seen that to be true, and I can tell you that I know it to be true 100% in my life, every now and again I find myself needing to be reminded of it anyway.  So I was grateful that the quote was brought to my attention today because today of all days I needed that reminder.  And for any of you that have been stressing over things in your own lives, hopefully my passing the quote along to you will help you in your lives as well. 










No comments: