Sunday, October 16, 2016

Happy Anniversary to us!


Hello everybody, I am back!
Today is my first time writing this blog after being away on vacation and since I don’t post while on vacation it has been a long time since I posted anything. There is so much to catch up but before I do that, I want to take this opportunity to say Happy Anniversary to me and my husband Daniel. We hope we get to celebrate soon, after he gets back from all his meetings. 



October 16th will forever hold a special place in my heart. This is the day we chose to get married 7 years ago. Yes, today will be our 7 -year Wedding Anniversary. 7 years…I can hardly believe it has already been 7 years, and at the same time I feel like we have been together forever or at least for thirty-seven years. So if you will indulge me I want to take just a minute to tell everyone just how much I love my amazing husband. 

Daniel R. de Almeida is one of the finest men I have ever met. He is a man of faith and a man of integrity. He is a man of principles. He is the hardest worker I have ever met and he puts his heart and soul into everything he does. He is an incredible father to our ten children and nine sons and daughters in law that he loves as his own. 

He is a selfless friend who would do anything for anyone. He is generous and tender-hearted and kind. He is the love of my life and I thank God every day for that Spring day in 2009 when I met him. I knew within days that there was something different about Daniel. Three months later we were engaged and three months after that we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. And my life with him is the best Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After I could ever imagine. So to Daniel I want to say “Happy Anniversary sweetheart! I look forward to an eternity more of Happy Anniversaries with you. I love you forever.” 

This will be our first time ever celebrating our anniversary. Each time for the past seven years he has either been away on a business trip or working on the ecclesiastical aspect of his job like today. Even though it’s on a Sunday, we are attending meetings with the Area Presidency and the Filipino Area Seventies.  Today is very special I supposed since we get to spend time with men of great power. At the meeting this morning Elder Bowen felt inclined to have us all kneel down in prayer to ask our heavenly father to ease the storm and the elements affecting the incoming typhoon. We are asking for a miracle. 

The next two and a half months, if there are no major typhoons or calamities,  before the year ends, it will be incredible for us and our family. We will have the visit of Elder Cook, Elder Robins and Bishop Wadell and their wives. There are also people from headquarters visiting us all the time and Rosy and John Behner are going to be here in Manila. toward the end of the month. Tomorrow we go to a directors seminar for three days so I'll writhe again on Thursday. 

Next year we are not sure how but we are hoping to get away for a week around Easter to celebrate our belated anniversary in Europe. One place of the world Daniel has never been and I want to take him there. As an added bonus we would love to see Gabriel and Danae while we are there. I am crossing my fingers that we could make this wish happen. I would love to venture into London, Madrid, Paris and Rome. We will see!!

Con amor,
Vero




No comments: