Friday, October 28, 2016

Preparing two talks

 We were asked to speak in Church on Sunday and to speak at a devotional on Saturday. I love writing and creating new ideas so this was a perfect opportunity to do just that! I think this is a record for us. As I think of these young men and women this quote came to mind.

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create.

You don't need money position or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again and remember that you are spirit children of the most creative being in the universe. Isn't it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by and endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it, your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with the beauty, function, and capacity belong imagination..."

"Creation is your opportunity in  this life and in the life to come.
start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano.
Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the world a better place.
Improve. Beautiful. Extend. Smile. Cultivate. Develop. Create.
The more you must and rely upon the spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. "  Dieter Uchdorf

To say that I LOVE that quote would not begin to describe how much I liked it.  I am such a believer in everything shared in that quote.  So often I come across people who are afraid to try, or who think they are not good enough, or smart enough, or strong enough, and I want them to know that YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!  You are the very person to be and do everything that this life has in store for you.  You are you for a reason.   You have your gifts and talents and abilities for a reason – to use them to make the world a better place.  The only thing that will hold you back is those voices in your head telling you that you aren’t good enough, but they are wrong.  You are good enough.  


You can accomplish anything that you set your heart and mind to. Yes it takes a ton of work and sacrifice and yes we often have to make choices that are trade-offs on what we will make our priority to get done that day. We want to let them know that despite the unfavorable circumstances they probably had growing up, they can break that chain and become educated and successful.  I think of the young people here in the Philippines and think how one day they will run things and be the leaders of our church. I think of the girls and how important is that they take motherhood seriously when the time comes for them to be mothers so their children are raised in a nurturing happy and healthy home. 


For example, I have tree daughters who have INCREDIBLE artistic talents.  my middle child Bianca is a singer, she writes  song lyrics and music. She is an artistic wonder. Our baby, Mandy,  draws and paints  I even  remember that she sculpted a beautiful horse. She used to receive awards in school for all her art work she displayed  Mandy is  a good writer too. She is good with children and taking care of animals. The first born, Cristi is a super talented photographer and blogger.

But for a good majority of their life they are either mothers now or will be mothers someday so they have to make or will have to make a trade-off to put some of their talents and abilities on hold while they raised their precious children.   Cristi and Bianca are full time moms and that is what they do, to take care of my grand babies for a lot of years to come, but it's worth it!


 One day in a twinkle of an eye,They will realized that those kids will have grown up and left the house, they will finally have the opportunity to pick up those talents and more fully develop them in a meaningful way, even though her kids might not be out of the house for the next twenty plus years, the day will come. It has come for me and I think I got another 25 years of milage of my life I can contribute. Now its time for me to pick up where I left off and develop my talents. 


I am praying to get ideas of what to talk tomorrow to the young adults that will help them in their personal lives and a  thought has been promoting me to speak of what makes us happy. 

Con amor,

Vero






No comments: