Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Happy birthday

October 26th is the birthday of my sister Vanessa, my cousin Monica, my nephew Alex, my cousin Margie's son Christian and even Reggie, Daniel's secretary. So happy birthday to all of you!!

What I am mostly amazed about this day is how many people I know share a birthday today and they are all at different stages of their lives. From not even out of high school, to entering the forty something. For you all out there having a birthday today I got one wish for you. Enjoy the journey!

"Living a life focused on accomplishing a  lot of things is a good thing, except when you are trying to accomplish so much, so fast, that you forget to appreciate and enjoy the right now! We often forget to enjoy the journey or to wish we were at a different stage in our life. My mother has always said. Love the stage of life where you are right now. Every stage is beautiful and has its purpose.

We hear people often say: "When I lose some weight, when get this done, when my home gets finished, when I complete my work, when I have done that, etc." I have watched people like my own father focused on accomplishing each goal that he often forgot to celebrate life along the way. Many times he didn't allowed himself to feel fulfilled because there was one more client to see or one more competitor to beat that he missed moments of joy that he could have experienced along the way.

My dad was a very driven person since he was a little boy. His father passed away and he took over the helm and big responsibly to provide for his mom and brothers and sister. I am still a huge believer that he did the right thing setting goals and accomplishing them. But I do think he could have enjoyed each moment along the way a little better allowing him to feel the joy in the journey.

Another mistake that we often make in life is to wish for today to be gone, we want it now. We wish it was already, or we wish it would hurry up and get there. While it is a good thing to have projects to look forward to, we need to be careful not to let our focus on something we are looking forward to take away our appreciation for the day we are experiencing today. Perhaps right now its wonderful too. Perhaps it will be better. You'l never know unless you give it a chance... so take it all in and look around to appreciate all what you have now. Live this moment to the fullest. Like I heard Bianca said: live in the moment. She is selling her home and is ready to start a new chapter in her life. I hope she is enjoying the time Joseph gets to work from home.

The future is going to come. It always does. ..And one day we will be gone and what would we take with us? Nothing, but the good memories we made.

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: