Thursday, May 25, 2017

Ladies Luncheon

Today was the luncheon for damas latinas. I like the fact that it was inside the Social Room of a Tower. It was decorated very nice with black tablecloths and real china plates. It was the South American turn to do it. Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. I found out that our turn for Central America will be in August with Brazil. The good thing is that Brazil has a lot of good salads and we have a lot of good ethnic dishes. We will see what the menu will be. I hope to contribute with something as long as they don't ask me to make pupusas.

This time I met Gloria from Colombia who is married to a guy from the US he works for the Asian Development Bank and they have grade school children. They had lived here before and have come back. she lives in Valle Verde 3 and knows Mari from Honduras. I saw Mari and told her of the luncheon but she is not all that interested in coming to those things. It is very noisy and you don't have much in common with anyone there if you don't drink.

I am one of the oldest ladies there so for me it's not all that much fun either. This time I didn't sit with the Mexican group because I wanted to sit by the only Salvadoran girl in the group but she is so much younger than me and had her own group of friends so she did't need me. This one time I didn't enjoy it all that much so I went home early. Many of these women are on their wait out and have missed emotions about their next adventure. The women I met from Guatemala when she did a cooking class is going to South Korea. Another friend who was doing the hand made items to sell in the bazar is going to Malaysia and like that so many are leaving. The people who work for the State Department move people around every two years. It almost seems that you wouldn't want to invest so much time and energy to a group that you will probably be in contact for a few years but I try to do my best.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: