Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Quesadilla was a hit!

Today we invited Rosy and John Behner to have dinner with us. Too bad I never took any photos. I love chatting with them and enjoying an afternoon together. They have been married 56 years since 1961 I was a year old when those two tied the knot. I admired them because  they are a great example of love and devotion to each other and service.

The menu was all vegetarian:
Pasta pomodoro
Toss salad
fruit plate
wheat bread (baguette)
Quesadilla

As we were talking I told them that I would give them my quesadilla recipe and told them about my project to make a family cook book. Don John told me that when he worked for Nabisco that they published Vilma de Escobar cookbooks with the condition that she would mention their products in her recipes. I showed him two copies I had of her cookbooks, John looked at a few recipes to confirm that she indeed mentions their products.

I think the best part about this dinner was my quesadilla. It turned out delicious! It never comes out identical because I use whatever type of cheese I have on hand mixed with parmesan cheese and sour cream. Yesterday's recipe went as follows:

Ingredients:
1/3 Cup butter
1/3 Cup of cream cheese
1/3 Cup of Parmesan cheese
1/3 Cup sour cream
2/3 Cup of Sugar
1/3 Cup of milk
1 Cup of pancake mix (bisquick)
2 eggs

I first mixed all the cheeses, butter, sour cream, milk and sugar, then I added the pancake mix and the two eggs. I poured it into a pie dish and if there is any left over, I  made bite size muffins. I baked it at 375F or 175C for 45 minutes but the musings were a little over done. I should have taken them out sooner so they wouldn't taste too dry.

This is a recipe that I have tripled many times if I am cooking for a lot of people. I have to give credit where credit is due and thanks to a friend, Gloria Betton, I got her original recipe.
Gloria Bettons Quesadilla called for:
1 cup of butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and milk
2 cups of sugar
3 cups of Bisquick
6 eggs

This is how much I use when I am making 3 pie size quesadillas or muffins for an army.
Con amor,
Vero








No comments: