Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Girl Power

On Monday, we were instructed by Elder Craig Christensen and his wife, Debbie, as they shared a message at a devotional prepared for the Senior couples. I attended as well since I am part of the FHE group that meets every other Monday. 

 

What I was so impressed was the wonderful message sister Christensen gave to complement her husbands. He is great, but she is over the top! When she compared washing her children’s dirty soiled clothes they used when they did sports as an imagery of taking the sacrament, was brilliant, the image of washing and washing stayed in my head and it was something that Ann remembers as well from the time she gave that same message to her missionaries when she served as a Mission Leader in Honduras. 

 

On another subject, I love how she showed us the video clip of the woman as covenant keepers and the story of Rebecca told by her. She said, don’t tell me Rebecca was pretty, tell me Rebecca was a hard worker and kind. There are so many women of faith in the Old Testament; these are women with Girl Power like Rebecca, all AWESOME women.  Sister Christensen is amazing too!  She is real and down to earth and she gets it. She really gets it and that same goes to all the woman sitting in that room. I love my missionary sisters who have left their homes and family to serve. 

 

I the world we live in, having sisters like that is SO REFRESHING!  If sister Debbie Christensen ever were to run for office, I would vote for her any day! Today, I had the rare privilege of having lunch with sister Christensen and Ann Bush, two other ladies were unable to come but even with just the two I could feel some real Girl Power of fabulous, unstoppable women.  Let’s face it, Debbie Christensen is the epitome of Girl Power, and the best kind of it.  It is so exciting to see talented women using their skills to make the world a better place!  Women are truly amazing.

 

I get asked all the time how I feel about being a woman in the Church and the funny thing is that I am always asked as if it is a negative to me that I am a woman as a Latter-day Saint!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!  Being a woman in the Church is the best thing ever!  Women bring so much to the table.  They have an intuition that is truly incredible.  Where men tend to look at the facts only, women tend to look at the facts too but then they trust their gut on top of that.  Men can sit in a room together for six hours and no absolutely nothing about one another, where a woman can sit in the room with anyone (man or woman) and you give us ten minutes and we will know every detail of your entire life…just think how valuable that can be when it comes to spreadig the gospel.  A woman who is confident (but not cocky), a woman who is intelligent, a woman who has integrity, and a woman who takes care of herself, is a woman who is unstoppable!  And let’s just talk straight…from the time a woman is a little itty bitty baby girl, she knows how to get what she wants.  

 

Have you ever watched a little girl wrap her daddy around her finger…it’s like watching pure magic.  And no one even taught her how to do it – she is simply born with it :).   And have you ever observed a teenage girl who wants something?  She is a natural born negotiator in ways that are truly mind boggling.  Again, it is a natural born gift that women just have.  So my answer to the question as to whether I find any disadvantage to being a woman when it comes to being a member of the Church? is a resounding NO!  Being a woman in anywhere, Church, business (or politics) is a HUGE asset in my opinion. 

 

So ladies, today’s blog are dedicated to all of you amazing creatures that make this world a better place with your presence!  Now get out there and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!  Oh, and for you men reading this blog – get out there and support and appreciate those amazing women in your lives.  They deserve it!

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: