Thursday, January 27, 2022

Imagine

I love the song imagine by John Lennon not necessarily for what it says but for what it implies. Here are the lyrics: 

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky

Imagine all the people
Livin' for today
Ah

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Livin' life in peace
You

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

 

What John Lennon is describing is what I know it to be called Zion where people were of one heart, one mind, dwelt in righteousness and there were no poor among them. They got along and loved each other, despite their differences, simple as that! That is what John Lennon meant by the song. He missed the point when he described a world lacking diversity. That is not what this world needs, what we don’t need is violence, abuse, hate, corruption and the list goes on describing the wickedness around us in a fallen world. Like the man who hired a hit man to kill his wife. Just listen to the news and you know what I mean. I prefer the song, "All you need is Love" 






We need people who promotes love and peace like Akhil Gupta’s father. Here is how his friend Mike Murray described it and I love to share anything Mike Murray posts on social media because I have great respect for a man who is down to earth despite all his wealth. Here is what Mike shared:

 

 “Do you remember your 10th birthday party? It probably wasn't anything like that of my friend Akhil Gupta's. Akhil grew up in India. He and I were classmates in graduate school. Here's his story:

“My parents celebrated my tenth birthday in an unusual way. Rather than showering gifts on me, my mother took me with her to feed the poor people outside the temples of six different faiths: a Sikh temple, a Hindu temple, a Jain temple, a Christian church, a Jewish synagogue, and an Islamic mosque. As I handed over two pieces of bread and some very appetizing curry to each person, I did not see Muslim or Hindu or Christian faces — I only saw grateful human faces. Even though it was a fleeting exchange — a small act of kindness and the acknowledgment of gratitude — I can still vividly remember the deep human connection I felt that day, and the profound sense of joy it gave me.

When we returned home, my father read from the scriptures of these six major faiths. He told us that there is only one God who has been manifested on Earth in different times through Krishna, Christ, Mohammed, Moses, Guru Nanak, Buddha, Mahavir, and many others. The words “Ekam sat vipra bahuda vadanti” (truth is one, but called differently by many) from the Rig Veda (I.164.46) still rings in my ears. He ended our prayer by saying “Sarve Janah sukinoh bhavantu” (May ALL the peoples of the world be peaceful and prosperous)."

 

Exactly, peace and prosperity is what this world needs. 

 

Con amor,

Vero

 

No comments: