Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentines

Happy Valentines 

 

I remember when I was a young girl how much I loved fairy tales. I used to ask my mom to tell me those stories over and over again; so much that my mom purchased a whole encyclopedia with a lot of volumes of fairy tales from all over the world.  I loved reading them. I can vividly picture those books on our library shelfs on the back wall of our back- porch balcony where we had placed a hammock to read comfortably overlooking our backyard pool. It was a peaceful and relaxing setting. 

 

I am a huge fan of fairy tales.  I absolutely love Disney movies. Thank goodness for Disney plus! Many Disney shows come and go without us even having a chance to see them which is disappointing for me, not so much for Daniel though. I adore princesses. I love the idea of “Once Upon a Time” and even more I love the idea of “Happily Ever After”.  And what girl doesn’t love the thought of finding her Prince Charming who will carry her away on his white horse into the beautiful sunset?

 

Do I get that life isn’t a perfect fairy tale? Of course!  But I love that each of our lives starts with our own “Once Upon a Time”. I love that each of us starts our story with a book of blank pages that we can fill in with whatever story we choose to.  And I love knowing that no matter how many hard things we may go through during the writing of our own fairy tale, if we live our lives right and do our best, I love that each and every one of us are guaranteed a “Happily Ever After” even if we don’t get to experience it until we pass from this life into the next life to receive our reward in Heaven. There is even a talk given about this very same topic. 

 

I love knowing that we have the control of our own free agency to make choices that will make our “Happily Ever After” come true.  There is comfort in knowing that all we need to do to become perfect someday is just keep trying our best today.  I love that when we make a mistake we can get back up, brush ourselves off, learn from it, and continue moving forward toward our “Happily Ever After.” 

 

Your life is your fairy tale.  You are the Prince or the Princess in your story.  You are royalty by birthright as a child of God, so remember that!  Your “Once Upon a Time” began the day you were born and each day since then you have been writing your fairy tale.  Think about what you have written thus far and decide if your story is going in the direction you want it to go– if it’s not, then start a new chapter that takes you in the right direction.  You can’t change the past chapters of your story as they have already been written, but the pages ahead are completely blank and you are completely in control of the pen in your hand that will write that story. 

 

Remember, all you need to do to guarantee your “Happily Ever After” is to try your best to do the right things every single day.  My wish for this Valentine is to be grateful for our blessings.  Be happy and kind.  And for those out there looking for their Prince or Princess that they will find him or her and when they do, appreciate them! Have a Happily Ever After!

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: