Saturday, February 26, 2022

Tell Your Story

Lately, instead of doing my taxes which is what I do every February, I have been thinking about telling my story. There is a little voice telling me: “Tell your story!” but I am not an author, or hold a degree in English. I am not a screenwriter or an essayist however, I can write in a blog and that is a start, anybody can do that. 

 

I would like to write a few helpful essays telling a story about various events and experiences throughout six decades of life with the hopes to give you, the reader a pragmatic perspective to better perform the life you want to live. I have learned that if you want a different life than what you have, you need to change your story. If the story you are currently in, is not the story you want or need to be in, you need to think of a path of how to get there. In doing so, you’re taking the first important step in guiding your mind to help you get to where you want to go. It’s what Stephen Covey called, “begin with the end in mind.” 

 

Covey would tell you “The challenge you'll most likely face is that you're always relying on your mind to make sense of the stories you inhabit. In order to think-through to the new stories that you wish to inhabit, you have to shift the paradigm of your present story to the story that you want to live. You literally must imagine from the point-of-view of what you currently are. This is no easy task. But, it's the task we are faced with and it's the task that any great leader knows, because if you're not re-shaping your stories to be who you know you need to be, or re-shaping your stories to get you where you know you need to be, you'll be a bit player in someone else's stories, a journeying on someone else's journey?

 

Control your thoughts and they'll weave themselves where they may. Make sure that as they weave, you are choosing the design. You are in control. It all starts with the foundation of how you think about things. You are how you've told the story of your life, and you will continue to be the storyteller of your life. It is of crucial importance that you consider your role as the "master weaver" of your own life. From this fresh look, we can come to see the importance (the overwhelming importance) of storytelling and how we craft ourselves through our thoughts.” 

 

Today I will start my “Tell Me That Story” ABC stories of me and hope to get it finished by early July 2022. 

 

Con amor,

vero

No comments: