Friday, February 25, 2022

When having one of those days

Have you ever had a week where you get to Friday and you feel like it has been five weeks, yet it’s only been five days.  Yeah, well it’s been one of those weeks so far. We were exposed to a couple who both tested positive for COVID so we had to stay home for five days hoping for the best.  I haven’t slept enough, I’ve pushed myself too hard, I’ve taken on too much…I know all of you can relate because there are probably many of you feeling that very same way today, and the rest of you have been there at least a few times yourself.  When things are going good time flies by you while you wish you could grab it by the tail and stop it from passing.  But when things are stressful it’s as if time slows down to a ridiculously painful crawl that is taking forever to pass.  It’s during those slow painful times that you need to remember that every storm eventually passes, allowing the sun to shine through again.  And every dark night is always going to transition to the light of morning.   It is the law of the universe – You can count on it! 

 

Today I cousin sent me a text letting me know that my Facebook account got hacked. I immediately went to Facebook to change my password and my profile photo. I also went in to see if there was a duplicate and sure enough there it was. Another photo identical to mine. How dare You! I can’t believe people have so much time on their hands to cause so much harm. At that precise moment, I get a call from a sister requesting for me to prepare dinner to a couple who got in a car accident. I also had just returned from seeing a doctor who prescribed an endoscopy and a colonoscopy so I also need to deal with that and on the news, Russia is invading Ukraine which is probably the start of World War III; yikes! 

 

Don’t get me wrong.  There have been tons of good things in my life this week with plenty to be grateful and excited about.  So, I truly have very little that I can justifiably complain about as I feel truly blessed.   But we all have our tough days that seem to drag on too long, when everything seems to go wrong as if in simultaneous harmony in the worst sounding musical number ever played.  They happen.  And I suppose if we didn’t have those darker days we wouldn’t be so excited and grateful when the sun finally comes up, bringing the light of a new, and much better day.  Just like if it wasn’t for the freezing cold of winter we wouldn’t be so excited for the warmth of spring.  In many ways, its tasting of the bitter things in life that help us to appreciate the sweeter things when they finally come our way.  And there is something to be said for sense of appreciation and excitement that nature’s balance provides. It has been raining a lot but for all of you having an extra tough week, hang in there…the rainstorm tonight is set to pass before dawn, so get excited for the beautiful sunshine ahead! 

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: