Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Feeling stressed out!

We went to a nice ranch to eat lunch and attend a meeting. I get home, check my email and find out Gabriel is wanting to bring two animals to the apartment he is leasing from us. 


Chris Corroon sent this information today.


According to the Utah Legal Services landlords are not required to follow the Fair Housing Act 

If the landlord owns fewer than 4 rental units and does not use a broker or agent, then the landlord does not have to follow the Fair Housing Act. This means the landlord does not have to give you a reasonable accommodation.

 

A landlord can deny the reasonable accommodation if:

  • You are not disabled;
  • The animal would cost your landlord a lot of time or money;
  • The animal would change the nature of the housing services the landlord provides;
  • The landlord has actual evidence that this animal would damage the property or endanger other tenants; or
  • The landlord rents a house or apartment that is not covered by the Fair Housing Act.

This is all because Gabriel wants to bring two "service" animals. 

Here are my Reasons why I can’t rent unit 1705 to Gabriel:

 I am deathly allergic to animals.

Gabriel never mentioned he was bringing service animals which simply means that he lied.

The apartment is very tiny and he has two animals.

The apartment comes fully furnished with heirlooms and property that would be damaged which I know it will cost me a lot of time and money. 

The HOA does not allowed animals of any kind in the building and that would change the nature of the housing services that I provide. 

I am the Landlord and take care of the unit but because I live abroad I use friends and family to show the condo and hand out keys. 

He told our building manager that he is bringing in big things and did not clear that with me. The apartment comes furnished. He can’t be brining any other big things. 

 

 

I need to ask Tory Christensen at Kirton and Mcconkie to terminate the lease based on misrepresentation by the tenant. 


What a nightmare. I am hoping it will eventually get resolved by tomorrow. 


Con amor,

Vero

 

 

 

 

 


No comments: