Friday, November 28, 2014

What am I thankfull for

Yesterday we were invited to eat at some friends house where we ate and ate and ate but most importantly we shared around the table what we are thankful for: Daniel said he was thankful for me and for the fact that I support him in all he does even though I could be with my girls in Idaho celebrating with them. I had talked to them earlier since Mandy went there with Spencer and Bianca and Joseph are already there with Cristi and Brooks and the kids. It was also Mandy's birthday on the November 26 so they were celebrating the day before. I wrote this post on facebook about her birthday:
I would like to wish our daughter, Amanda Michelle Morrison a very Happy Birthday today! I want you to know how much I have loved you since I first felt you kick! After literally three days in labor getting ready for a c section somehow at that moment you hurried up and came into this world!! Nice!!! You were born on a Wednesday before thanksgiving like today, and how thankful I will always be for that special day!! Thank you for sharing your teen years with me when I needed you the most!! Thank you for teaching us all about animals and to be compassionate toward nature!! You are so beautiful in and out!! To quote a favorite book, "I like you for always, I love you forever... As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." Happy, Happy 23rd Birthday Mandy!! And for this reason Thanksgiving time will always be a special season of the year for me. It's when I had a baby!
 Nancy said how grateful she was for the time in her life at the moment when she can enjoy her grandkids. Kent said how much he enjoys the diversity in the group and how much we all enjoy of each other's company and how being different from Nancy makes life so exciting. Mary said how much she enjoys her job as a teacher and how happy she feels helping them succeed but the one story that stood the most was someone at the table who shared his experience growing up with a single mother who  had several jobs to support the family. How he remembers one time when he was around six going to day care one day when  her mother had not come to pick him up so the woman at the day care called a taxi and sent him to where her mother was working. He remembers her mother looking for some money to pay for  the taxi and another time he had to be baby sat by a family Chinese family who owned a restaurant where her mother worked in the evenings so he was so thankful for all  her sacrifice. Even though she was not active in the Church, he made sure they were active.  She has passed away for 20 years now but he will always acknowledge all  what she did for him and his brothers. I told everyone how I love this Holiday because Thanksgiving is an American idea. No other country in the world sets a day in the year to give thanks and I am grateful to be part of this wonderful tradition.

No comments: