Saturday, November 8, 2014

Poem collecion

Sister Anderson has kept special collection of poems in a book so I will do the same thing except I will also post them in this blog from time to time. When I am having a hard day, I like to turn to inspirational thoughts to keep my spirits up. A quote or a poem or a good thought that can help my mind see another perspective. So here is one of my special collection.  This is the poem that was posted on the wall of the orphanage by Mother Theresa.


Do it Anyway

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have…and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


Sometimes people my judge me and criticize me and even despise me for things I haven't done, that I know in my heart I am innocent, and whenever that thought appears in my head, I think. who cares! If God knows what I am all about, and knows my heart and my intentions, that is all I care! Or like Wendy told me the other day: " Those who matter don't matter and those who don't matter don't matter." when we were trying to please everyone at Mandy's wedding. What is important is what I know the Lord knows!


No comments: