Thursday, June 18, 2015

I need to calm down

Last night I felt a little stressed. I was thinking of all the things I have to do before the big move to the Philippines. I heard from everyone I talked to who has lived there that is the best place on earth and that the people are so sweet and that gives me comfort to know.


In July, I would need to be in three places at the same time. El Salvador, Utah and Idaho. I mostly need to get a lot done in Utah before the move and that makes me anxious. The cure for that is to attend the temple. I normally go there every Thursday morning but today I am taking care of other business and can't go. I will for sure go with Daniel on Saturday. It is truly the only place where I can completely feel peace.


What is hard about our assignments is that they all have a start date but not a end date, we could be in the Philippines somewhere between three to six years. The average is about four so I have to think that in the next four years or so I will be completely removed from my world, my friends, my children and grandchildren, and my mother and sisters.


We now have to plan events and family reunions where we could all be together and it gets harder and harder as the family keeps growing. Just think of the places we could potentially have a family reunion: Manila, our new home; Dar es Salaam, my sister Liz's new home; San Salvador, our hometown;  Mexico City, where my sister Vanessa lives;  Miami, where a son and a cousin lives, San Juan, another place we know so well and where we could take a Caribbean cruise; Orlando, where my mom  has a timeshare and we also have family; or Salt Lake City, my home forever.


 If I had a magic wand I would love for all of us to be in one town and ideally lived in the same neighborhood or building. Secretly believe it or not, that place is Barbados. Yes, it sounds crazy but that is to me the definition of paradise. If all 21 of us could live there and somehow manage to do business from there it would be perfect!! But life is not what we want is what the Lord wants and there is a mission for each one of us to accomplished and clearly is not found in Barbados, at least not at the moment so for now like the saying says:  "Some people see things that are and ask, why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, why not?  Some people (like me) have to get to work and don't have time for all that!" George Carlin

No comments: