Friday, June 26, 2015

If it is not written down, it won't happen.

There are only a few days left for us here in the DR and didn't get to see this place the way I wished we had. I don't even know why we never went to all those fun places like cueva de la maravilla, los 23 charcos etc. Now it's too late but it gives me an excuse to come back someday. I guess what happened is that we never wrote it down as things we wanted to do. Bottom line those things were not part of our goals or we would have done them.  

I am a huge believer in setting goals, writing them down, and having a goal poster. I believe in this more than ever since I had a picture of the temple in my goal poster and somehow like magic I started to be a temple worker. I had a picture of reading good books and studying so I finished getting my bachelor degree from BYU which was another miracle. I had another picture of the world map because I wanted to travel and just this year I have been to: Uruguay, Mexico, Peru, USA multiple times and El Salvador, (twice) and now I am in the Philippines. I had a picture of reading the scriptures and ended up teaching Institute. Get the point! Anything I set a goal to do, I did! 

I think my dedication to setting and achieving my goals came to me by watching Daniel set his goals. He is very goal oriented. He has helped me to be a better person. He showed me how to achieve my personal best. I like to compete against myself. I don't care about competing against someone else. I like to focus on trying to beat my personal best. In doing that I find myself giving all I got over 110% and more if posible. 

My husband Daniel and I are now are very much alike. We never allowed ourselves to be complacent about things. We always stay focused on what we can still improve and what we can do better. That keeps us focused on continuing to do better at everything we do every day. I think that has helped us be successful as individuals and I am so looking forward on those things I want to accomplished in our next assignment. 

Besitos,
Vero




No comments: