Monday, June 15, 2015

Learning new things



Life is not static we are constantly moving here and there, at least that is what I have discovered by been the wife of a DTA and that is the good thing. We sometimes don't realize we need to move on. That is the bad thing. As much as I love the people here in the DR I have to say good bye and that is hard. When I was just married to Daniel I decided that I wanted to learn how to make the best food ever creating my own recipes. In today's day  and age for is amazing is that you can learn how to make anything by just looking on line. let's say I want to make carrot cake, I look at what’s on line and modify the ingredients according to my taste. Every recipe is a little different so I pick the best of  three of four recipes and they become my own. That is my secret!


Today, at 55, I am learning something new. I am building something new. I am constantly faced with learning something new. It can be so hard and frankly, time consuming! It is also invigorating and quite satisfying. I love cooking now and want to share those recipes with my kids and grandkids.
 it feels good to know you are good at something that you were a disaster before. That been said. As we look at our calendars and all that we have our family and ourselves doing, we need to determine what still works for us and what doesn't. If something isn't bringing us joy or a sense of satisfaction any more then maybe it is time to let that go and move on to something else. Find your passions like my husband says.


For the past five and a half years my passion was the Caribbean islands. I am fascinated by how interesting this part of the world is but our time here has come to an end. These transition moments happen for adults and kids and whole families. My sister is also transitioning to a new part of the world too. We need to listen to our inner self and know that no matter where we go, we hold the same values. Making a change isn't the same as quitting, thank goodness is not that we are quitting is that we were assign to go someplace else. The Lord needs us there.  It opens a door to doing and learning something new. So be brave and look at what fills your thoughts and days. Is it filling your soul and your family? Now I am going to be an expert of the people of the Philippines. I will learn more of their cuisine and enjoy every second I am there for now, I will just enjoy the last couple of weeks we get to spend with people we have learned to love here. What I love about life today is that social media keeps us still in touch. I will always remember the amazing journey we had with dear friends and for that, I feel so blessed!





 

No comments: