Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Time to be the one

I am reposting Amy's blog entry since I completely love her advice and she couldn't have said it better. These is what she wrote:


"I received my once a week email from my daughter Ashley today – I love her emails because they always share something incredibly inspiring that literally makes my entire week. Today she talked about a story that her teacher Kami shared with her when she was a teenage girl that she said changed her life!  First I’ll share the story and then explain how she shared it changed her life:


This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.


There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.


Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.


Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job.


Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.


It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.


After this story was shared with Ashley Kami gave her a sticker that read “I’LL BE THE ONE!”  My daughter took that sticker and put it on the dashboard of her car so she saw it every morning on her way to high school and every afternoon as she drove home. She said that she didn’t realize it at the time, but after seeing that sticker everyday saying “I’’LL BE THE ONE!” it changed her life forever and now it is engraved on her heart. She said that it reminded her every day to not pass any opportunity to serve or help thinking that someone else would do it. We should take the opportunity ourselves!


How lucky am I to have someone to lift me up each week with an inspiring message! #blessed


And because of her I will be sure to watch for those opportunities to serve and be more careful not to pass by thinking somebody will do it!


Have a great day everyone!"
~Amy
At times it's not easy to be the one because we think someone else will do it so I will remember this story when I feel prompted to do something but hesitating to act.


No comments: