Monday, June 29, 2015

My faith is my strength

I can't believe next week I will be on my way to Utah and  then to El Salvador and back to Utah again. This is my last attempt to do things I haven't done in the last six years since I came with Daniel there. Each time I needed to stay an extra day to finish my to do list.  But over all what is important is to know those core values you take with you everywhere you go. I am thinking this out more since I will be going to a new country with new people I don't know. So today I want to share with you the one thing I take with me wherever I go. I am thinking of my little sister Liz too who is also moving to a new country where not all people believe in Jesus Christ the way we do. 

What I take above all things is my faith: Without question the most important core of how I guide my life is my faith in God the Father and His son Jesus Christ.  Let me express very clearly on this point that I respect that everyone has the right to believe or not believe whatever they choose when it comes to religion. I think religion is a deeply personal decision that no one has the right to make for anyone else. So please don't interpret what I will share in this post as some sort of judgment on religion or beliefs, I  am solely sharing about me personally that has made me who I am. 

I believe in God as my Heavenly Father who loves me and wants me to become the best person that I can possibly become. I have faith that God has a plan for me. I genuinely believe that he cares about each of us personally and that everything that we face in this life is meant to help us become a better, kinder, more loving person. 

I try to live my life in a way that I  would make Heavenly Father proud of me and that is the very core of how I try to make decisions in my life. Would I do this or that thing I am doing today? or the way I am handling a situation in a manner that God would be proud of me? 

I think much of my life up to this point and know deep in my heart that there is no such thing as coincidence. I believe strongly that nothing happens by coincidence and that we should pay attention to the good people brought into our lives and all the positive attributes we can learn from them and the way we might be able to bless their lives. 

I think that much of the time God answers prayers is through someone he brings into our lives at different times, and by that same token, I think that God expects us to be the answer to other people's prayers when he needs us to. So it is up to us to be mindful of those opportunities and to be looking for ways we can serve and help others. I think that living my life looking for the meaning in everything around me has helped me tremendously as a person and I hope I can always be of service wherever I go. 

This is it! Our time in the Caribbean Area has come to a close and a new one will start soon but the comforting thing for me is that I am never alone. I am never too afraid because I have my faith to carry me on. 

Besitos,
Vero






No comments: