Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Thank Heavens for true friends!



“There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and just live a little better.”   -unknown


Yeah…those are true friends and having them makes life SO MUCH BETTER!


I have been incredibly blessed in my life to have amazing friends who have been a part of my life for many years. I can go back to my high-school and College days and can think of a few dear friends for life. Now I get to be instant friends with those my husband knows from work and his endeavors. Today I get the opportunity to tag along with many new people in different parts of the world. I get to spend my time doing things with the members each day who are also my neighbors and they became dear lifelong friends, Nancy Rappleye and Jill Kimball are an examples of my newest friends with whom I shared so many memories visiting teaching.  I was lucky in all the neighborhoods I moved into and particularly one where I spent over 15 years full of incredible people who have all become dear friends too and those from the Latin community when I was the Honorary Consul. Most of all I am lucky that I consider my family to be my very best friends. Yes I am blessed to have amazing friends and I honestly can’t imagine what my life would be like without them in it.


Friendships are something we can easily take for granted if we don’t make time to focus on them. Friends in the US remember that summertime is a great time of year to take the opportunity to do some fun things with your friends. Go on a picnic, go boating for a day, take a walk in the evenings when its cooling down, go swimming at someone’s pool, play a game of pin-pong or tennis, go see a blockbuster movie, or one of my personal favorites, break a piñata and have a game night where you all get together and play card games and board games and eat yummy food.


It doesn’t really matter what the activity is. What matters is that you are spending quality time together and remembering all the reasons you love being friends! So get up from your computer and grab your phone and call a friend and make fun plans together. Life is short and like the opening quote says, good friends make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and live a little better! I am updating my address book and it's amazing how many people I have known over the years.


 

No comments: