Friday, November 13, 2015

Leaving on a Jet Plane (Part III)

I had decided long ago that I would come over to Orlando to see my mother while I was in the United States so I booked my flight from September 24th to September 29th to Orlando. My mom had a Dr. appointment with a Cardiologist so I wanted to be present to see what he had to say about her heart condition. This was a sad day for my mom as he told her immediately, "what you need is an open heart surgery." She honestly was thinking that she was not going to need this surgery but we all knew that her heart was bad.  We convinced her to do what the doctors had advised and to be open for that procedure. She told us: " I am ready to die and don't want anything done." She told us how at peace she was with her life she had lived and didn't want any artificial life support ever to be placed on her. She asked us to record those wishes and we did.

It was good to see that my mother was getting good medical attention. In El Salvador she was would would have died like it happened with other people we know who never made it home after checking into those Hospitals, We spent so much quality time together that it really felt good to be able to dedicate this time together. I also saw tia Norma, tio Franklin and Ricardo. The truth of the matter is that if they weren't around, this move to Orlando would have been so much harder. Having extended family closed by makes all the difference and the place is beautiful. I honestly fell in love with Hunter's Creek where they live.  If it wasn't that my family is out west. I would live there too.

No comments: