Saturday, November 28, 2015

Living with integrity

Anytime we get visitors from Salt Lake headquarters I often think what is the most important message they came to give us? And each time I go back thinking, these are special men and women with integrity. They are all very confident and know who they are! 

Interestingly enough, I have found that a confidence level is directly correlated to living with integrity.  When you stay true to your values that you believe in and when you act in accordance with those values, your self-confidence and self-esteem rises.  

Whenever I falter from my values or do things in opposition to my core beliefs I find myself feeling a lack of self-worth and my confidence plummets.  I start feeling pulled to and from and my feelings of uncertainty create fear and anxiety.  

Conversely, if I stick to my integrity I have found that no matter what circumstances I find myself in, whether a situation succeeds or fails, my confidence and self-worth stay high.  I believe that comes from knowing that despite any circumstances I am living my life true to myself and that creates peace that no other person or circumstance can take away. 

Always do the right thing! Always!! No matter what the consequences of doing the right thing will be. At the end of the day there is nothing more valuable than your integrity, both in life and in business. There will be times in your life when you will have the opportunity to cut corners and take short cuts into the gray areas that may very well help you get what you want more quickly or more easily. You may even tell  yourself that everyone else does it so why not? The reality is that no matter how tempting those short cuts may appear they will never lead you to where you ultimately want to go. Success might come and go but integrity is forever. If you always choose to do the right thing, it won't matter what the outcome is because you will be successful as a human being in the areas that matter most. And there is just no better feeling than knowing you did the right thing, in the right way. That is true success. 

 Here is another brilliant poem:

 I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know.
 I want to go out with my head erect.
 I want to demand all men’s respect.
 I never can hide myself from me;
 I see what others may never see.
 I can never fool myself, and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be
 Self-respecting and conscience free!

Con amor,
Vero 



No comments: