Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Leaving on a Jet Plane (Part I)

Leaving on a jet plane or I should say "living" because for the past two month from September 10th to November 10th I spend many hours on planes and airports. I went away to meet our newest grand baby Ruby born ten weeks early on September 3rd and the earliest I could get out of Manila was seven days later. I wasn't able to sleep the night before so stayed all night getting ready and went to the airport and boarded the flight to Hong Kong, then to Dallas but what was so frustrating is that they delayed the flight getting out of Dallas to Phoenix making it impossible for me to make the connection so I ended up in Salt Lake City and stayed overnight there. Vale came to pick me up and also took me back the next day to finally get on the flight to Boise and of course no bags!

Bianca came to pick me up and for the first time I met Ruby. I went over and stayed with Cristi since she was also expecting her baby anytime and surprise! Asher arrived on September 15th. What a blessing this was for me to be there for his birth. This is the first time I am in town to witness a delivery. I stayed home to watch the boys while Brooks and Cristi checked into the Hospital hoping that this one time it wouldn't be a false alarm. But this time it was for real and He was born on the evening of September 15th. A special day for people of El Salvador and Central America. It's our independence day.

From that point forward I made myself available to both girls coming and going to the Hospital and to Cristi's home to help somewhat with Asher up until September 22nd when I had to leave again to go to Utah. That was 12 days but they went so fast. From September 22 to October 10th we are in Utah having the most wonderful time attending Conference and spending time in our favorite place. Our small apartment in City Creek. At a future post I will expand a little more on what transpired during this special Conference where three Apostles were called and we were there inside the Conference Center to witness it.


No comments: