Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday Message 11/30/15

Hello girls:

I heard someone say the other day: “ You got one month to finish the Book of 2015.  Make the last chapter a perfect one.” We have about ten days to get ready for our trip to the US and three weeks to do everything in our power to have this year end exactly how we want it to. I got my list that I want to share with you. They are practical things as well as heartfelt matters you might want to consider.

The practical tangible stuff:
*Daniel and I are going to see our Dentist and other doctors in Salt Lake before our deductible begins again for the next year.
*I will request to get my free annual credit report before the year ends. Daniel already got his and I am curious to know what mine looks like. Daniel’s is the best.
*We paid our charitable contributions (Tithing) in advance but before the year ends we will make sure the number is 100% correct. Other donations to the Deseret Industries to help people in need have to get done before the year ends. It’s a win/win.
* That last project which it’s a secret and can’t disclosed needs to get done
*I am gathering all my financial documentation for the year so we can be ready when tax time hits us. It is always my least favorite thing to do and I dragged it too long each year.
*In addition lets not forget the Christmas cards, decorating, Christmas parties, cookies to bake, etc.

But there is one thing you never need to worry about doing and that is gift buying and gift wrapping and sending and exchanging between the siblings. I learned this when I went to Uruguay last year and saw no one exchanging gifts except for me. I had taken a huge suitcase full of gifts thinking that it was part of the tradition. Daniel’s mom commented: “The only people you need to worry about are your children and your spouse.” That doesn’t mean that if you really, really, want to give something to someone you of course can and should but remember that it is not expected. Christmas is a lot more relaxed and less commercialized this way and I love it! However, the following is what you should do to have a meaningful Christmas

The heartfelt intangible stuff:
I got this list from a seminar I attended with sister Renlund. She asked?
·      Are there goals we want to complete?
·      Are there relationships we want to repair?
·      Are there acts of service we want to do?
·      Are there mistakes we want to fix?
·      Are there friends or relatives we want to visit?
·      Are there projects we want to wrap up?
·      Are there things I can do to have an eternal family?

I can’t believe we only have one month left this year! It is incredible how fast time can pass when you are busy. That’s why I have to take a big breath today and point out to everyone that we are literally down to our last chapter of 2015 and then the year will be over which means that our last chance to make sure that our chapter ends perfect is now! Hope you take the time to do those intangible things that truly matter.

Don’t forget to visit Christmas.mormon.org or Navidad.mormon.org or Natal.mormon.org and share the video and the animation to help our Heavenly Father save some of His children.

Love,
Vero







No comments: