Friday, September 22, 2017

A Fundraiser for Samuel

Today I attended a fund raiser for Samuel who was born with severe birth defects and need to get so many operations done. I met him and his mom from Chile. This was the very first baby they were having. I didn't remember her but somehow she remembered me. The baby needs so much care and so many surgeries to correct all of what is wrong with him.

The event took place at the Residence of the Chilean Ambassador. I met the Ambassador and his wife whose name also happened to be Veronica. She was running around busy trying to get everything ready with the help of three other ladies. I sat by a woman from the Philippines married to the Ambassador of Sweden and the wife of the Spanish Ambassador. They all know each other of course since all the Embassies do parties and host event together. The group was as usual quite noisy and superficial but at least they did something good for this family.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: