Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My First zone Conference

Tonight we had our first zone Conference as Pathway Missionaries. The students who have enrolled at the office will meet every Thursday staring this coming Thursday and I get to help out in any way I can so we received some training on what to expect.

The over all theme of the meeting was train us somewhat of what will take place at the first gathering and to think of ways that we can show our love to the students. A video was shared of a woman who told the students of her class that she loved them one by one as they left the classroom each Sunday.

We were reminded that every single one of us has the power to change other people's day for the better if we try to. It really is amazing how one person can make your worst day feel incredibly perfect by but smiling, or making you laugh, or notice you or thanking your being fun and enthusiastic. It doesn't cost us anything to be any of those things, and we all have time to smile or say hi or give a hug.

I think we sometimes just need to be reminded how important it is to pay attention in doing those things. We need to be reminded to make it a priority to lift others spirits by telling them that we love them.  We need to be reminded that it can make a difference to other people we come in contact with It truly does. Not only that, but it will impact people well beyond who will come in contact with.

Think about it. That teacher made a difference to so many students and she also  had an impact on me and another twenty missionary couples just by hearing about her story. Hearing about this amazing teacher makes me want to be better about showing my love and sincere concern to my students. We want to make sure as we serve that we are that one person that can make a better day for someone else. And now here I am writing about it in hopes that some of you will be touched as I was by it, and chances are that some of you will be touched as well and it will make you want to be better about being kind to others and perhaps some of you will tell others about that and the ripple effect will continue to grow bigger and bigger and bigger. All because one teacher had a promoting to say I love you to her students.

One simple act and the impact is immeasurable! Yes, it makes me want to be the one staring more ripples by being the person to lift others up! And hopefully it makes you want to be that person as well. We should all make a goal to start a new ripple of goodness at least once every day. If all of us did that just think of how far reaching the impact would be by the time all our ripples began to spread! Huge! I love it! Lets do it! Know I am committed to it. I am  even going to right a note on my board that says, "Start loving today" So that every day I will be reminded to show my love to my students. 

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring: all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”    –Leo Buscaglia

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: