Friday, January 12, 2018

A happy and a little sad day in one.

I was feeling so happy today because yesterday when I couldn't sleep at night I started to look for flights to El Salvador from Orlando since I know my mom was thinking of going to Paola's homecoming and saw that they were a little expensive so I called her to offer her my miles. Little did I knew that she had been praying to find a way that she could go because she didn't have the money to travel and really needed to go in January so I booked her ticket. Yay! That made her day! She almost cried telling me how God had answer her prayers.

I also had the sisters to our first meeting. We want to start this year a group visiting teaching since we don't get visited at all. They are not assign anyone and I don't ever hear from the two women who supposed to see me. It was wonderful! This day also will be the funeral for President Monson so we discuss things and stories about his life. No matter how old a person lives, you don't want them to ever go. We will miss hearing his voice. He will be remembered for years to come and many have speculated on the joyful heavenly reunion of President Monson and his dear wife, Frances Monson and so many more who knew him.

Interesting that life goes on. The Church will have a new Prophet and the work will continue. There might be some who might not like the new person called and that happens each time a Prophet dies but I think President Nelson will be wonderful too.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: