Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Why give compliments?

There was a time in my life when I needed positive vibes coming my way and each time someone gave me a compliment, it made my day so when people wonder why I give so many compliments to strangers. I think of those dark times in my life and that is why I do it. 

I am not being fake, and I am certainly not looking for people to like me. I am only speaking truth because if I pass someone and I like something, I say it:

Love those shoes, Nice dress, Great hair, Beautiful nails, etc. Why? 
Because life is hard and this world can be a dark place.

You never know how much those words could mean to someone. Some people are just plain mean and I know that so well. I heard from my ex-husband things like: “your hands, you got alligator hands” or “I feel like I’m in bed with my grandmother. “I love you as my sister but I am not in love with you.” Don’t cry, crying makes you even uglier, and I’m sorry that I can’t console you” or “I don’t love you and I can’t be with a woman that I don’t love.” or you don’t have me and you never will, go to hell.” And I am not making this up, those exact words came out of his mouth. 

You never know what sorrows they may be going through, and when you put positive vibes out in the universe, you become a happier person. It only takes a second. 
So, random compliment giving will make you a happier person and who knowns, it may even make someone else’s day as well.

Any time I think of saying something negative, this quote comes to mind.

Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates: 
Is it true? 
Is it necessary? 
Is it kind? 

Another way to look at it is to think of the word THINK
T- is for True
H- is for Helpful
I -is for important
N -is for necessary
K -is for kind

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: