Monday, June 15, 2020

Faith Triumphs Over Fear

Thoughts on 88 days of Quarantine.

Last week we had three meetings with Elder Rasband. One with the Area presidency, another with all the DTA and Managing Directors and the last one with all the Mission Presidents and their wives. Elder Rasband will continue to oversee the South America South Area. 

Elder Rasband shared the following scriptures with us: Proverbs 3:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” He said: You need to be hopeful and optimistic. Do the best you can with the current situation and know that this pandemic will pass. “We must be believing and have great faith.” 

With all the commotion around the world, he shared the following scripture found on 3 Nephi 11: 29 “ … he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.” 

He told us that he has been studying all the different types of crisis of the past 200 years and read about one of those in D & C 121:7 “My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment.” He said: “We are all concern about our families but remember that faith will overcome fear.” Faith triumphs over fear!” 

Another scripture he shared was: D & C 68: 6 “Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come. “ 

Toward the end, he shared a scripture found in Helaman 7: 7-9 and told us how Nephi is lamenting and wished he could have easier days. And then he read on Helaman 7: 9 “ But behold, I am consigned that these are my days, and that my soul shall be filled with sorrow because of this the wickedness of my brethren.”  “You may sit and wish that you had other days, happier moments, but for some reason known to God Almighty you were chosen for this very day! I have written a book about there are no such things as coincidences in the Kingdom of God.  You are called for this very day and it is going to get better.”

He concluded with what President Nelson says every Thursday. He said please give them a little message for me. Here is a message from our dear Prophet.  Tell them, I love them. This gospel is a gospel of love. Second message, he always says: Tell them, thank you! 

The third one is from Elder Rasband. “We need you at this time,” he said, “in this day in this pandemic in this crisis. We need you.”

We have been having issues with our internet over the weekend but managed to have our zoom meeting with Elder Rasband on Friday and for that we are grateful. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: