Saturday, June 6, 2020

Tweets and Three Talks

Thoughts on 79 days of quarantine  

The past few weeks have been sad and scary. As if the pandemic wasn’t enough, we are now dealing with acts of violence hatred and destruction around the world that is becoming more and more polarized by politicians and sensationalized by the media. Every now and then I  tweet a quote to bring balance to all the negativism. These are some of my tweets: 

“Remember, you don’t find the happy life. You make it.” Camilla Kimball 

“It is past time for every one of us to elevate our conversations above divisive and polarizing rhetoric… treating others with respect matters. Treating each other as sons and daughters of God matters.” Russell M. Nelson

“How exciting and wonderful that we can be a part of this time. Is it difficult.. Yes! Do we need to fear…No! Do we need help… Yes! I know as we turn to the Lord he can hush our fears- we are in His loving hands if we love him and keep his commandments. Russell M. Nelson

“Such times invite us to look into our soul and see if we like what we see there.” Jeffrey R. Holland

If I may be so bold… may I suggest… In words of one syllable, we need to turn to God. We need to reaffirm our faith, and we need to reassert our hope. Where necessary we need to repent, and certainly we need to pray. “Jeffrey R. Holland

“I believe we have all been created for greater things than we can comprehend. The times call for great things, but great things in the noblest and most redemptive sense are predicted upon tolerance, love, respect, understanding, dignity, prayer, God.”  Jeffrey R. Holland

I don’t know why circumstances of birth, health, education, and economic opportunities vary so widely here in mortality, but I do know that although I may not be my brother’s keeper, I am my brother’s brother, and because I have been given much, I too must give. Jeffrey R. Holland 

You can probably guess that I am a big fan of Elder Holland. I highly recommend that you study the talks “A perfect Brightness of Hope” (April 2020) “Songs Sung and Unsung” (April 2017) “Look to God and Live” (October 1993) 

Un abrazo, 
Vero y Daniel




No comments: