Friday, May 14, 2021

Adoption was finalized!

Sharing what Bianca wrote on Instagram.

 

“Our adoption was finalized just over a month ago on March 30, 2021 and I did not expect to feel so emotional over a zoom call with complete strangers, but I did. As the judge in his sweet way with a sense of humor asked us if we were willing to adopt this young lady for forever, even when she’s a teenager, with all my heart I replied, “yes!” 

 

It’s taken me some time to catch up on a list of things I’ve been meaning to do but have not yet done (Christmas cards, thank you cards, baby announcements, taking showers on a regular basis… ), but I have felt called to share some our story because it has God’s fingerprints all over it. So gradually I hope to share more about how this came to be in hopes that it can be another witness to the absolute love and awareness that God has for each human being. 

 

I’ll start by sharing a piece of my journal entry from a few days after Lyric was born. 

 

Here are a few things I learned so far from this recent adoption process. In seeking personal revelation, God’s words to me were often found in two or three witnesses, in scripture, in conversations, in thoughts, in listening to trusted spiritual leaders, and in prayer journaling. In scripture, I noticed that there are different types of deliverances. Sometimes, the Lord delivers his people by strengthening them and giving people the ideas to deliver themselves. But other times, the Lord delivers his people by simply providing a way so that it is clear that they are fully reliant of the Lord. I feel that they describe in some way some of the differences from our adoption with Isaac vs. with Lyric. With Isaac, I had felt a very clear and real confirmation that he was to be in our family. But much of it came to pass because of my effort to reach out to the birth mom and diligently seek out these things and I was given strength to make it happen. However, with this adoption, I tried to “make it happen,” but I wasn’t getting anywhere. In this instance, God had provided the way almost as if to say, “Girl, I got this. Please stop getting in the way and just trust Me.” 

 

Lyric is sweet, strong, curious, and oh so beautiful. We are so grateful to have her in our family! 

 

I remember the zoom call too. We were in Salt Lake, staying in our apartment when it all happened. There were many cases presented to the judge and after over an hours Bianca’s and Joseph’s adoption came to the judges’ attention. He had a great sense of humor and when the adoption was granted everyone clapped. That was such a breath of fresh air after listening to so many hard and sad cases. If was official. Lyric is ours! 

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: