Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother, may I?

My mom is visiting El Salvador and Today happens to be Mother’s Day there so my sister Liz planned a big celebration for my mom that includes: flowers, a day at the Spa, hair color and style, manicure and pedicure, a dinner with her friends and music. She was celebrated each day for one week and was so happy. She loves to feel good and what women does not?  This is especially a friendly hint to all the husbands out there whose wives are raising your children :) 

 

Everyone has someone they should honor on Mother’s Day – whether it is their own mother, a grandmother, a wife, a daughter who is the mother of your grandchildren, a mother-in-law, the mother of your future children…you get the point.  We all have someone to celebrate and honor on Mother’s Day and for El Salvador that day is May 10th.

 

Sometimes it can be hard to think of a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift so here are a few ideas to help people out:

·       A handwritten note of love and appreciation is the gift that will be treasured the most by a mother

·       A hand drawing from a child to their mother

·       A necklace or bracelet with the birthstones for each of a mother’s children embedded

·       A photo collage of a mother’s children

·       A digital photo frame with pictures of a mother’s children

·       A spa day for mom of rest and relaxation

·       A handmade coupon book of coupons for doing dishes, doing laundry, etc. for mom

·       A letter listing favorite childhood memories with your mom

·       Tickets to a play or a concert or special event mom would enjoy

·       A statue or figurine of a mother and child

·       Breakfast in bed and/or a special Mother’s Day dinner

·       Flowers 

 

I am sure there are more ideas but those are the ones that came to mind. 

 

My favorite Mother’s Day gift I gave myself this year was to surprise my mom in El Salvador. I got to see my momma two weeks ago, and that was priceless! 

 

I hope all of you wonderful mothers had a fabulous Mother’s Day yesterday. 

 

Con amor,

Vero


No comments: