Thursday, May 20, 2021

We are All Enlisted

Over the years, I have attended many missionary trainings for Mission Leaders. They are usually held in beautiful settings or resorts like Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic. This is a way to say thank you to the countless hours mission leaders spend caring for their missionaries.  This year we would have gone to Iguazu Falls but because of the pandemic, these meetings were done via zoom. The setting is less breathtaking but the feeling is the same. 


We are all trying to figure out ways to improve the way how missionaries go about finding those who will listen. They are spending resources and precious time away from home and loved ones. They have put on hold studies and promising jobs. Their sacrifice is an offering to the Savior. They are 24/7 thinking of Him, His teachings and His infinite atonement. 


Missionaries naturally love those who they teach, they share what they know and invite. That is all!  it is up to each individual to decide what to do with the new knowledge they obtain and the invitation to become a member. We are in essence, enlisting people for a good cause. The cause to come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. 

 

As I listened closely to the advice given, I felt a similar sense of urgency to labor here where I am and to my family. I feel an urgency to teach what I know to be true to my grandchildren. Whom all come from wonderful parents, I may add. I feel an urgency to share the teachings found in the scriptures and from apostles and prophets dear to my heart. I have felt the need to share what I have seen and experienced in my life and the things I most assuredly believe. I hope to somehow convey my thoughts in a book for them to keep even after I am gone. 

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: