Friday, May 28, 2021

Ubuntu

Ubuntu 

I remember some time ago, I heard the word Ubuntu and it seemed that everyone in the room knew what it meant. I did what everyone does and googled it and this is what I found. 

 

"In certain regions of South Africa, when someone does something wrong, he is taken to the center of the village and surrounded by his tribe for two days while they speak of all the good he has done. 

 

They believe each person is good, yet sometimes we made mistakes, which is really a cry for help. They unite in this ritual to encourage the person to reconnect with his true nature. The belief is that unity and affirmation have more power to change behavior than shame and punishment. This is known as Ubuntu- humanity towards others." 

 

What a wonderful way to handle bad behavior. I love this! 

 

Con amor,

Vero


No comments: