Saturday, May 8, 2021

It is never enough

I wanted to surprise my mom because I had not seen her for over a year so when I went to purchase a round trip air fare from Buenos Aires to San Salvador, I found out that if I went to the U.S. first and went from there to San Salvador I would be saving $1,500 dollars which was enough of savings to buy two separate itineraries one from Buenos Aires to Boise and another from Boise to El Salvador. I had not been to El Salvador in over three years. I try going every two years. It always amazes me how much I miss going back to my roots. 

 

My trip went as follows:  Left Buenos Aires on Saturday April 17, got to Boise late at night on April 18th which incidentally was Vera’s birthday. Left Boise for El Salvador on April 20th to surprise my mother. Spent time with her and my sister and family a whole week. Came back to Boise on Tuesday April 27th the next day on May on 28th I learned that Hernan and Rachael had their baby so l booked the flight to Salt Lake to meet our newest member of the family. Left on April 30 to May 4th went back to spend two more days with Cristi and family and came back to Buenos Aires on Friday May 7th

 

It might have seemed that I was gone for a long time but couldn’t do all the things I wanted to do to help Cristi move. I wished I could have stayed a little longer. It is never enough. I have decided that no matter how long I stay visiting family, it is never enough but I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with them. 

 

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and all the mom’s out there! 

 

Con amor,

Vero 

No comments: