Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Higher Ground

Every Wednesday I post something special that someone share on social media that has uplifted or tough my soul. 

 

This is from a dear fearless young mother I know. This is what she wrote:

 

I had an experience a few days ago that has been resting in my heart. It’s been sitting like a heavy but beautiful weight. The details are not so much important but the lesson it taught me, powerful.

For the first time, in as long as I can remember I hesitated to do good. That in and of itself really frightens me. I was frozen in trepidation. A fear to do good.

 

Since when is doing something kind for another hard? Well in today’s society, many would feel that time is now.

 

This week my missionary shared a quote on Facebook, “May we ever choose the harder right than the easier wrong.” The easier response would have been to walk on by; to ignore the situation but Elder Lamb’s reminder, propelled my heart in to action. It was the reminder I needed. The inspiration that choosing the harder path, is always the most rewarding. 

 

 “In these challenging times, the need to “minister unto the least of these” of our Father’s children is so great. How much we need the gifts of discernment and wisdom and charity to know how to really reach down and lift up our brothers and sisters to higher ground.”

 

The world would tell you to stand down. As your friend, I want to tell you to stand up. To reach down and lift others to a higher ground. Acts of kindness do not go unnoticed, they are the glue that holds the broken pieces of the world together. 

 

J. J. Lamb 

No comments: