Monday, September 13, 2021

To Sell or not To Sell

We were asked to read a book by a British Author, “How the Penguins Saved Veronica” It was interesting to read it because I kept hearing my name over and over throughout the book. In the novel, she has a box of journals from the time she was a young woman. It’s always intriguing to look back in some old journals to read what we were up to so long ago. 

 

If I had only known that the housing market was going to be so hot, I would have never sold two homes in such a hurry or being so desperate to sell. We also lost money selling the building and shop in Tucson. Why do we do that? If I had only known then what I know now! 

 

I remember in in 1988 we had a vacant home in Canyon Rim for a whole year and received no offers. Again, ten years later in 1998 we were trying to sell our home on the prestigious Olympus Cove. The Diana Way home but as my journal reads: “All the realtors want a listing of my home but they can’t find me the buyer which is what I want. I tend to get desperate too soon with these kinds of stresses. I just hope to have faith that things will turn out for the better.” Fast forward to today, realtors will want to find you a home but they can’t because homes are selling within a day or two. It almost seems that you need to know about a house before it hits the market. 

 

Going back in time, we were so desperate that we offer the home to Shirley so that Lisa would move a to better area to raise Travis, so in a sense it worked out for the better. Nevertheless, no one expected what happened in 2008 with the house crash like no one expected what is happening now in 2021 with homes totally ridiculously expensive. 

 

Again, today our biggest dilemma is what to do with the apartments in City Creek? We got apartments because they are so much easier to maintain and they have retained its value but not as easy to rent. We are going to be in town next month and decide whether we should sell to do another exchange or put our money somewhere else? Or keep things the way they are and be patient, hoping that a good renter will come along. One thing I have learned is that there comes a point when you should trust your gut feeling. Find out ways to increase the value of your dollars but the million -dollar question is how? It looks like my little business is not going well and that worries me. If I only knew the future. 

 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: